Reinhard Heinrich Schwienhorst
Professor, Department of Physics & Astronomy
Location: 3241 Biomed Phys Sci
I am curious about what our world is made of at the smallest, most fundamental level. I am a particle physicist, exploring the energy frontier, studying the laws of nature at the highest energies together with my [MSU colleagues](http://www.pa.msu.edu/hep/atlas/) and collaborators from around the world on the [ATLAS experiment](http://atlas.ch/) at [CERN](http://cern.ch/) near Geneva, Switzerland. The CERN LHC is a proton-proton collider that is expected to discover new particles and reveal physics at the electroweak symmetry breaking scale. [ATLAS](http://atlas.ch/) and [CM](http://cms.web.cern.ch/)S found the Higgs boson in 2012 and will continue to accumulate data at increasing collision energies. I am excited for the breakthroughs in the understanding of our world that should emerge. I work in the [top group](https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/AtlasPublic/TopPublicResults) on single top quark production and in the [exotics group](https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/AtlasPublic/ExoticsPublicResults) on Z' searches in the dilepton final state. Together with a team of very talented MSU students, we have produced a [planetarium show on the LHC and ATLAS](http://www.pa.msu.edu/abrams/relics/), running at the [Abrams planetarium](http://www.pa.msu.edu/abrams/) at MSU and possibly coming to a planetarium near you. I have been on the [DØ](http://www-d0.fnal.gov/) experiment at the [Tevatron](http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/tevatron/) proton-antiproton collider at [Fermilab](http://www.fnal.gov/) near Chicago, Illinois since 2000. I was co-convener of the analysis group that [discovered single-top quark production](http://www.fnal.gov/pub/presspass/press_releases/Single-Top-Quark-March2009.html). You can read about the many subjects that I have investigated on my [DØ home page](http://www-d0.fnal.gov/~schwier/).
- PHY 184: Phys Scientists & Engineers II
- Colliding neutrino beams, R. Schwienhorst, Mod. Phys. Lett. A23: 2751-2761 arXiv:0708.0160 (2008).
- Electron-photon coincidences in electron impact ionization-excitation, R Schwienhorst et al., J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 29 2305-2314 (1996).
- Next-to-Leading Order Corrections to Single Top Quark Production and Decay at Tevatron: 1. s-channel Process, Qing-Hong Cao, Reinhard Schwienhorst, C.-P. Yuan, Phys. Rev. D74, 054023, hepph/0409040 (2005).
- Next-to-Leading Order Corrections to Single Top Quark Production and Decay at Tevatron: 2. t-channel Process, Qing-Hong Cao, Reinhard Schwienhorst, J. Benitez, R. Brock, C.-P. Yuan, Phys. Rev. D72, 094027, hepph/0504230 (2005).
- Search for single top quark production at DØ, R. Schwienhorst, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 21, pp. 1339-1353 (2006).
- Single Top Production at the Tevatron, DØ and CDF collaborations (R. Schwienhorst, for the collaborations), proceedings for the 43rd Rencontres de Moriond on Electroweak Interactions and Unified Theories, FERMILAB-CONF-08-129-E, arXiv:0805.2175 [hepex](2008).